Thursday, May 18, 2006

Real Life?

Reading other people's Blogs gets me to wondering. You get a feeling for people, who they are, what they're about from reading them. I wonder though, if they'd be like I imagine in real life. I have to remind myself that some of these people speak in voices and with accents that they don't have in my head. Would they have gestures and mannerisms that would seem odd to me? Would they laugh more or less than I imagine? Do they fidgit? Are they calm?
I guess it boils down to the question, are the people I get along with electronically the kind of people I'd hang out with in regular life? And if not, what does that say about the way I pick my friends? Maybe I should more interested in what people think and say than how they say it. I think I do a prettty fair job of that, but maybe I'll pay more attention now. Who knows what I'll catch myself doing?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

I fidget sometimes...(nail biter) I laugh alot with the right people and I'm Australian but I don't talk like Steve Irwin...my blog is such a small part of who I am...word verification, fvrgl...favour girl?

11:35 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

G'Day! Okay, I couldn't resist. :-)

All of our blogs are only parts of who we are. There's almost no way to condense a person into such small snippets and have it encompass them.

I got a better look at those drums. They seem kind of cool, but some of them are *expensive*. You'd think I'd have learned something about India by now.
Oh, wait I just did.


Uhhh, like I can make something out of this?
qqxbubwo
quite quixotic xylophone built under beautiful western oak
At least I tried.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home