Friday, February 09, 2007

HA!

I was watching episodes of Smallville on You Tube to fill in some gaps in the somewhat random progress of the local station. There was a girl in Singapore who'd posted a bunch she'd obviously recorded from braodcast. Other people in countries where they can't get it at all or are years behind were gratefully watching too. Warner came along and had them taken down for copyright infringement because they feel like they need to get paid twice (at least) for a product that was already paid for.

So it turns out I know somebody who has all of it up to the current season and has graciously agreed to let me borrow them and finish watching without giving the greedy corporation one cent more.



I'm really tired of corporate greed. I don't imagine they'll understand what regular people think until it's too late for most of them. Even Microsoft is walking a little close to the edge these days.

3 Comments:

Blogger gothcat said...

careful, the machine is listening.1984-esque......:)

9:57 PM  
Blogger Chester The Bear said...

I thought that's what bit torrents were for.

TV station program managers here in Oz are stereotypical, in that they think they can put science fiction on at midnight because the only people who are interested will stay up late to watch.

(Actually, they think they can put anything that requires the viewer to engage a few brain cells on at midnight... even top shelf stuff like West Wing.)

Then one of them decided not to run Stargate Atlantis season 2 at all.

I thought "screw you" and downloaded all 20 episodes. For free! I was actually willing to to pay too, but that corporate greed, combined with a dash of rank stupidity, got in the way of them making a few bucks.

1:27 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Yeah, but my friend has better toys. He has, in his own words, "a stupid amount of storage" on his video server alone. (3 terabytes) And his burner and connection are much faster. This way, I don't have to eat up drive space and I have a copy on disk.

:-)

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home