Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Daylight Shavings Crime

I know I've complained about this before, but the whole Daylight Savings thing is just....stupid. There are plenty of studies that don't think we really save anything and it just leaves people short on sleep.

Just pick one freaking time and stick with it. Maybe the people in New Mexico aren't crazy after all. They just have one time and they want to declare Pluto a planet again (at least while it's in the sky over them). They were supposed to vote on it Tuesday, but I haven't heard how it turned out.

I wonder what time it is on Pluto?


:-)

6 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

I'm with you!
It's a ridiculous idea, and i'm proud of the queenslanders that chose to vote it out years ago (i wish i'd been a queenslander at the time)

2:57 AM  
Blogger Smiling Willow said...

It's not like this now, but when I lived in Indiana we never changed times, and it was GREAT. The only problem was that half the year you were the same time as New York, and the other half the same as Chicago, and of course the television schedule changed... but that was only because the rest of the country was engaging in this dumb practice. Just like Indiana is doing now! Shame on you, Hoosiers! Why did I ever trust you???

7:24 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Update: New Mexico passed it, Pluto is back, at least in the sky over one state.

Maybe we can get more states to stand up and vot eout stupid things like DST?

8:36 AM  
Blogger Ross F. said...

Haha ha! I agree. I haven't felt right since the switch. Pluto is back!!! Excellent. I'll tell my friends who came from there.

3:53 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Well, this time of year we moved the clock ahead. So when the clock says it's bedtime, my bio-clock thinks I should be awake for another hour. And I will be for a week or so.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Dz said...

I swear I left you a comment here!
Anyways, i am all messed up sionce sunday, can'tstay awake at times and can't fall asleep...hate the DST! But that again I get to see these gorgeous sunsets nmow at 7pm:)

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home