Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tired of the Crap

I'm getting annoyed with the hacks and nitwits on TV trying to startle and scare me into behaving the way they want.

"Almost two million people will be diagnosed with (some disease) this year alone."
Well, out of three hundred million, sounds like my odds aren't so bad.

"This will affect one in three families." What does that even mean? Affect how? How many poeple in the average family? Does knowing somebody count as being affected? How about hearing about somebody on TV? Does watching your ad count?

Convince your doctor to put you on our drugs. No. I think doctors know enough to recommend the best treatment without me trying to tell them how to do their job. Jerks.

"Our oil will reduce wear significantly." What qualifies as significant? Does that mean the same thing as "measurable"?

Note to advertisers and marketing flacks - I'm smarter than that and you're just pissing me off. You're making me *not* want to buy your overpriced, useless crap or donate to your causes. Talk to me like a person and I'll think about listening rather than pushing the mute button.

(rant ends)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home