Sunday, March 30, 2008

I Am In Control

I'm told I don't put enough personal stuff on here, but I think if I did that it would mostly read like a strange technical manual and people would fall asleep. I mean, the other day I finally figured out why my hardware clock and my system clock couldn't seem to get along, fixed it, and now my drive back-ups happen in the wee hours when I'm asleep like they're supposed to. I could go on....

The only thing I think you guys would be interested in is that the woman from that post "Compicated" called Tuesday. So I went over Wednesday night to help with some heavy lifting on the promise of free food. Something came up and she didn't have time for that, so I don't know any more than I did before and won't until a week or two passes and we see if she follows up with a meal or something. I still might not know anything then, because it might be that she just feels obligated.

I think I figured out how to get most of the unwanted air out of in-mold pours, but we still need a better source for iron oxide colorant in a powdered form. And the sodium silicate was delivered and it seems to be an effective hardener. See what I mean? It's a concrete thing - anybody want *more* detail? :-)

I also found a cool tool for stretching fence and ordered it.

That's my life people, but I Am In Control today. lol.

:-)

4 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

You definitely sound like someone we need around our house at the moment instead of all the people who aren't coming to fix it because they're on holidays!

Today must be I am not in control day as things have not progressed as one hoped....

If I can't find the lemon oil at a _reasonable_ price, I may have to take you up on that offer (if you're serious and it's legal).... All I would need is your address (via email obviously) and I could get the order sent to you..... If I were doing that I would need to order hard copies of your books too as I've been meaning to do that forever (and now that our dollar is doing nicely against yours it's a good time) and then I could pay for the books and the entire postage via your business.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Dz said...

Hey now!
It's ok not to put personal things here if you're not comfy with that:)
As to things we'd be interested in come on now! Look at out lot of friends, come from different backgrounds, most of us are into different things, whats to say that your way of thinking on a regular basis is so different than some of the other stuff we read?
So please write about it if you feel like it and you never know some of us might learn some stuff.

Have I mentioned that I've been reloading some ammo? Still learning but, ok so never thought I'd say this but guns are fun:P

9:25 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Guns *are* fun, and they can be used safely and responsibly. Or not, just like cars or booze or anything else.


Are you going to post pictures of your tagets and scores?
:-)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Dz said...

I guess I could, as you said I was not sure somebody would be interested in this kinda stuff. I should have some new stuff from this coming weekend.dz

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home