Thursday, February 16, 2006

Crunchy Frog

"Nevertheless, I must warn you that in future you should delete the words 'crunchy frog' and replace them with the legend 'crunchy raw unboned real dead frog', if you want to avoid prosecution."
"What about our sales?"
"I'm not interested in your sales. I have to protect the general public. Now how about this one. It was number five, wasn't it? Number five, ram's bladder cup. What kind of confection is this?"
"We use the choicest juicy chunks of fresh Cornish ram's bladder, emptied, steamed, flavoured with sesame seeds whipped into a fondue and garnished with lark's vomit."
"Lark's vomit?"
"Correct"
"Well it don't say nothing about that here."
"Oh yes it does, on the bottom of the box, after monosodium glutamate."
"Well I hardly think this is good enough. I think it would be more appropriate if the box bore a large red label warning lark's vomit."
"Our sales would plummet."
"Well why don't you move into more conventional areas of confectionery, like praline or lime cream; a very popular flavour I'm led to understand. I mean look at this one 'cockroach cluster', 'anthrax ripple'. What's this one, 'spring surprise'?"
"Ah - now, that's our specialty - covered with the darkest creamy chocolate. When you pop it in your mouth steel bolts spring out and plunge straight through both cheeks,"
"Well where's the pleasure in that? If people place a nice chocky in their mouth, they don't want their cheeks pierced. In any case this is an inadequate description of the sweetmeat. I shall have to ask you to accompany me to the station."
"It's a fair cop."
"Stop talking to the camera."

Python back on PBS. Warm fuzzy feeling. Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home