Sunday, August 27, 2006

Not A Food

Today (August 27) is Petroleum Day. Not anything I'd eat, I'll tell you that.

And tomorrow is World Sauntering Day. I don't know what kind of committee thinks these thing up, maybe it's the same folks who decided Pluto isn't a planet anymore. :-)


Some odd factiods I found:

The average woman consumes 6 pounds of lipstick in her lifetime.

You use more calories eating celery than there are in the celery itself.

There are 1 million ants for every person in the world.

Termites eat through wood 2 times faster when listening to rock music.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dz said...

So is sky diving considered sauntering? Becouse that is how I plan to spend tomorrow:)
Thought for the day:
-untill the age of eight weeks female/male brain and genetic coding are the same.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

The people that make up these names are the same people that make up names for paint colours. This is something that I have a rare talent for myself and I job I covet with sinner's fervour. Menopause mauve is my favourite one so far.

zegcayld? Maybe a shade of blue with a hint of green.

6:22 AM  
Blogger Dz said...

Sorry you are right 99% of it, according to Louann Brizendine in the book The Female Brain. I should be more carefull. Sorry.

6:55 AM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

I like the pretty blue titles:)

1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home