Sunday, March 18, 2007

Thanks To Mr. Steinman

I can see myself
Tearing up the road
Faster than any other boy has ever gone
And my skin is rough but my soul is ripe
And no one's gonna stop me now
I gotta make my escape
But I can't stop thinking of you
And I never see the sudden curve until it's way too late
I never see the sudden curve until it's way too late

Then I'm dying on the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun
Torn and twisted at the foot of a burning bike
And I think somebody somewhere must be tolling a bell
And the last thing I see is my heart
Still beating
Breaking out of my body
And flying away
Like a bat out of hell

2 Comments:

Blogger Suze said...

It's amazing that the heart does live on hey? Despite the heartache, the heartbreak, the hurt..
Have you ever seen a film, Goldfish Memory? It's about how even though we know how things can end and hurt we still keep doing it, hoping, optimistic that "THIS TIME...."
It's a really good film, Irish arthouse.
Take care

7:51 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I haven't seen that one, though I've seen a lot.
Sounds like I'll add it to my list and see what I can find.

Thanks.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home