Friday, June 08, 2007

I Know I'm Going To Regret This

Here's just a basic list of emoticons. There are hundreds (if not more) out there in the wild. I'll post these, and people will start using more than just the basic few and expect me to know them. I can feel it.
;-D



:-) Smile
;-) Smile with a wink
:<}) User with mustache, smiling
:-|| Mad
:-( Sad
:' -( Crying
:~ Also crying
:-)) Really happy
:-D Big grin
:-* A kiss
:-P~ A lick
:-o Wow! or I'm surprised
:-| Grim
:-P Sticking out your tongue
:- User happens to be Popeye
:-/ Perplexed
=:O Frightened (hair standing on end)
=8O Bug-eyed with fright
:-} Embarassed smile
:-)<>>>>> Basic Smiley with a necktie
;-^) Tongue in cheek
%*@:-( Hung over
:-~~~ Drooling
>:) Perplexed look
.) Keeping an eye out for you
8:-) Glasses on forehead
8:[ Normal smiling face of a gorilla
0:-) Angel
]:-|[ Robot
(:V) Duck
3:-o Cow
:-] Vampire
(_8-(|) Homer Simpson
C|:-= Charlie Chaplin
=|:-)= Abe Lincoln
*<:-) Santa Claus
-:-) User sports a mohawk and admires Mr. T
(:)-) Scuba diver
:-'| User has a cold
:-{} User with heavy lipstick
:-)8 User is well dressed
>:-< Mad
*#:-) Scotsman wearing his Scottish tam
%-^ User is another Picasso
#-) User partied all night
<:I Dunce
:-| "Have an ordinary day!" Smiley
(-_-) Secret smile
#.-o "Oh, nooooooo Mr. Bill!!!"
12x @>--->--- A dozen roses

2 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

:-'|

11:06 PM  
Blogger gothcat said...

I am utterly amazed,the need to express emotion is so ingrained and potent that they have devised a plethora of unbelievably banal twiddly things to show it.wow.I use them too, but how truly bizarro.:-o

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home