Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Turn

I don't do the New Years Resolution thing because it's really just a setup for defeat. So it's completely coincidental that this comes around this time of year, it's just when things happened to happen that made me think.

You know what happens when you don't go after what you want?

You don't get it.


So I'm looking at things that are (or should be) within my reach and I'm not taking any shortcuts or skipping any steps, I'm prepared to do the work. That's something I can do, something I'm good at. I'm tired of not living up to my potential. I'm tired of looking at a world that isn't fair. It never was. I can't let that stop me.

There won't be any sweeping, dramatic changes, but it's my turn now and the world better not get in my way.


Even the biggest mountain can be moved one rock at a time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jade said...

Wow, Pitto, this is the most open post I've read by you and I really like it. I feel like you don't show much of yourself on here much, but I really liked reading this.

I could totally relate to that bit about not skipping any steps, I'm at exactly the same place. I've realised that instant gratification isn't the way the way to go.

:)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Jade said...

(Must be growing up or something!)

Eeek!

3:50 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Hey, now, them's fightin' words. Growing up, as if.
Oh, you meant you.

Sorry.
:-)

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home