Saturday, April 26, 2008

Reality Check

So I clicked the wrong bookmark and it landed me on one of those social/dating sites I was looking at a while back. The profile it hit on (randomly) caught my attention and I felt the need to say something because I've seen this so many times. I know the woman in question will never read this, nor will any other woman in this country who uses these sites, but I still feel like commenting.

"If your married, use drugs, or wont work, don't bother."

Okay. You just set yourself up for everything you said you don't want. Do you get that? You just told them they have to cover up the burn marks, the needle marks, the wedding ring tan line, and they need to appear to have a job. Or have one starting soon. Or something. You also them that you're so desperate to be in a relationship that you've been dating guys like this already and your screening process...well...sucks. You're going to have to accept some responsibility, be willing to accept all applications, and get a system for weeding out the losers. You can't just tell the world what your idea of Mr. Right is and expect him to drop what he's doing and wander in from where ever he is. He may not even exist the way you imagine him. Get your feet on the ground, your head screwed on straight, and get over yourself. You're not a teenager trying to get someone to ask you to the prom, so start acting like a grown-up. It's for real now and you have to work for the things you want.


(end rant - thank you for your patience)



By the way, this is the kind of stupid crap that women from outside the U.S. rarely seem to do.

3 Comments:

Blogger gothcat said...

I agree.Many of us have been in that treacherous boat of thought,but hey, no way would you put it on a dating site..hello?.
I agree the aim is to know what you want ,write a list of the good stuff in a private journal perhaps,and then be a great kick arse warrior chick living her own amazing intelligent creative life,and voila,a awesome creative guy will go,"shes great etc.."
Its not rocket science.lol.

sorry about all the adjectives .;)

10:10 PM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Sadly, I think you're mistaken, it's not just the american variety that say and do that. But I agree with you otherwise! I'm going to have to do an exciting post about my new parcel full of pretty books when I'm next at my computer (can't do now, no time).

7:31 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Did you think I would object profusely to your voluminous use of startlingly expressive descriptive words?

(it's a curse, I swear)

lol

:-)





Books? Did somebody say books? :-)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home