Friday, August 08, 2008

From The Ashes

It's Alive!!!
I'm back online after much buying of parts, rebuilding, reloading, testing, and a new filter. I know I've complained about lightning before, but do I really need to say it? Huh? This is why.

So thanks for your patience. Oh, and if I litter the place with more typos than normal, the keyboard is new. So is the mouse. And the motherboard, the processor, the memory, and the power supply. And the phone/answering machine. The overhead lights here work again after almost a week. The battery powered digital thermometer will likely not be replaced.(again) All I ever did was look at it to decide if I should be comfortable, and I think I'm old enough to decide for myself now. Still haven't recovered data from the old drive, so bookmarks are only what I can remember. And if anybody wants to drop me a quick e-mail, feel free as it will help reconstruct my address book.

I think I need a nap.
:-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

As sad as it is to be offline, it always feels so good when your finally back ONline!

(ps, may be my last post/view for a while, i'm about to venture in to country australia in quarters where email may be difficult - its not just me being slack this time!!!

10:44 PM  
Blogger gothcat said...

Welcome back!I missed you,well I missed the written you if that makes sense.
I love my little daily 'crushing silence' visit .
[I was still doing it so as to not throw out the universe].xxx

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home