Sunday, September 14, 2008

Feeling Quotey

Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong. - Winston Churchill

Where no hope is left, is left no fear. - John Milton

I am two fools, I know, for loving, and for saying so. - John Donne

He disliked emotion, not because he felt lightly, but because he felt deeply. - John Buchan

It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust. - Samuel Johnson

Disappointments should be cremated, not embalmed. - Henry S. Haskins

3 Comments:

Blogger Jadey said...

"He disliked emotion, not because he felt lightly, but because he felt deeply."

Can relate to that one, but finding it easier the older and wiser I get. Hiding from feeling stuff hasn't worked for me anyway, so best to just let them do their work.

12:52 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Thanks for being there through this stuff. I'm not really hiding from anything. It's like I put a big bunch of life into a large box and started pushing it along, but there's a place I can't get across. So now that box is far from where it started, it wouldn't fit right even if it could be pushed back, and now I have to figure out what to do with it all. I'll get it sorted out, it'll just take a little while.
And thanks (again) for helping me fill in more of the map.

7:31 AM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Good quotes. I keep trying to type something but it all seems inadequate.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home