Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Geek Me

I never used to be anything anyone would consider a geek, but it's happening. I was always one of the 'smart' kids, but I played some sports and stuff too. These days, I'm still fairly physical, but I'm drifting heavily over the line.

What am I rambling about? I just added another really cool web development tool and I find it as exciting as buying power tools. I'm kind of dissapointed that I won't have time to really play with it for about seventeen hours. :-(

I suppose I could blame it all on blogging. If I hadn't started this...

Oh, who am I trying to kid? I was making the move to geekdom when I built my first website years ago. (Yeah, the current version of that site is still around and in desperate need of an update - 83 code warnings, geeez. I'll get on it tomorrow, I promise.) Now I run several and I'm addicted to checking the server logs on a nightly basis. Like checking the counter logs on here, I think I'm making a ritual out of it.

It's a sickness. (big grin)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ross F. said...

Embrace the geekiness! How does the verse go? The geek shall inherit the earth?

9:35 AM  
Blogger Mary Kelly said...

nothing wrong with being a geek. geeks control the web as we know it. Bill gates is a geek.

All Hail King Geek!!!
*erveryone bows adn hails king geek*

geez...how many websites do you have?


Nobody expects the Geek Inquisition!

HI!!

7:52 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

mr. burns - inherit the earth? The taxes would kill me!

Mary - They're not all mine. I Admin some for other (less geeky) people.

Wanna find one?


"It's like poking a badger with a sharp stick"

Test your own geek-ness. Is that enough, or do you need a hint?




Hint 1 - Google



Hint 2 - keep the quotes

8:45 PM  
Blogger earthkissed said...

Mr Burns is right, all you can do now is embrace the geekiness...

12:26 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

i'm so not a geek, but I admit to having geek envy. I can generally use what's out there, create a little bit, but really, am totally retarded when it comes to technology. I got a new phone last night, have had the same nokia for 8years! and I'm gonna have to read the manual for about 3 hours to work it out.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home