Sunday, May 04, 2008

We Be Stupider

Some poll results here in the U.S. that really make me shake my head.
-----------------------------------------------



65% of Americans think that we should teach both creationism and evolution in schools. (CBS)

45% believe that the world is less than 10,000 years old. (Gallup)

36% believe in telepathy.

35% say that evolution is well supported by the evidence. (Gallup)

35% say that evolution is not well supported by the evidence. (Gallup)

25% believe in astrology.

25% think the sun goes around the Earth.

13% think that Joan of Arc was Noah’s wife.

-----------------------------------------------


That next to the last one really gets me. I wonder what percentage think it's physically possible for a human to put their head up their own ass?


(I'm holding out the distant hope that some of these people just agreed to random crap because they're tired of pollsters telling us what to think.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

the last one made me laugh so hard!

4:45 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Yeah, laugh it up, you don't have to live here. :-)

lol

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home