Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Doh!

Ever have something go wrong and you search and struggle to solve the problem for a while until you realize it was something simple all along?

Oh. That bit of software has it's own mute? And somehow it got clicked? Damn, I wish I'd figured that out half an hour ago. Sometimes the easy solutions should be tried first.

Which reminds me of a quote. Unfortunately, I can't remember the novel it came from and therefore, regrettably, can't give the author proper credit.



"Nitwit ideas are for emergencies. You use them when you've got nothing else to try. If they work, they go in the Book. Otherwise you follow the Book, which is largely a collection of nitwit ideas that worked."

3 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

The Mote in Gods Eye. Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

I can't help myself :)

5:55 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I think that wins you a cookie!! :-)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

yay, cookies!

what kind? :D

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home