Sunday, July 16, 2006

Wiser Men Than I

When the war broke out in the Middle East, I thought about the old story of the frog and the scorpion who were trying to cross a river there.

The scorpion couldn't swim and the frog was lost, so the scorpion proposed a deal: Give me a ride on your back and I'll show you the way.

The frog agreed and the trip went fine until they got to the middle of the river and the scorpion stung the frog. As they were sinking, the frog asked in his dying breath, "why would you do that?"

To which the scorpion replied, "because it is the Middle East."


---Bob Schieffer, this morning on Face The Nation


You can read the rest here.

2 Comments:

Blogger earthkissed said...

The middle east is such a depressing conflict. I saw a horrible picture in the newspaper today of a lady who had dust and blood all over her face and she was screaming in horror. She looked like something from a horror movie. I guess to them it must seem like all their worst nightmares come true. War is not noble.

12:54 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I think maybe WWII was the last time war was anything like noble. The stuff we call war today is often more like organized murder. :-(

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home