Sunday, November 02, 2008

November

Some noteworthy stuff for November.

The week of the 8-14th is Pursuit of Happiness Week, after that I guess we have to go back to whatever we were doing before.

The 4th is Election Day here, and also ironically Use Your Common Sense Day. Somebody is trying to be funny, methinks.

The 7th is International Tongue Twister Day.

The 8th is Abet and Aid Punsters Day. (A personal favorite)
It's also Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day. Does anybody see the potential for mischief here?



I'm trying to refrain from excessive ranting about the stupidity of Daylight Stupid Time. We just did it. You all know how much I hate it. 'Nuff said.

:-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

Lols on the 4th

And please, feel free to rant about DST :)
I always appreciate a good rant aobut it.
I'm so glad i live in a state where we shun such silliness

11:16 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

PS i'm glad to get the impression that you're one of the US people who actually votes.
Please don't disillusion me on this topic if the impression is wrong.
It totally freaks me out that a) you vote in the middle of the week and b) that its not compulsary (cause well, it would suck to have compulsary voting on a tuesday....)

Not really a relevant comment to this post, but its just the timing is right for me!

2:59 AM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

I vote. Trust me, I vote. There's no way I wouldn't.

Yeah, middle of the week, but there are laws about getting to, and time off from work if need be and all that. Not compulsory, didn't know until this year that other countries require it. I suppose we should, but then a lot of lazy idiots would get involved, and who knows what would happen.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

i think australia is one of the few countries where its compulsary. and even then, there are def ppl that don't vote - technically theres a fine if they get caught, but i think they only randomly audit - its a bit like checking train tickets.

and i'm glad that my impression was correct :)

and it seems very civilised that there are laws about getting time off to vote! it always seemed to me very harsh to get time otherwise

5:17 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Yeah, and if they tried to have elections on the weekend here, nobody would show up. People don't like it if you mess with their weekends. :-)

Now we just have to wait through all the media circus until there is a clear winner. Or until the courts decide. :-)
Let's hope that doesn't happen this time.3shipsail

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home