Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy B-day

If he were still alive, this would be Dad's Birthday. And since there's an impending election, it got me to remembering. Dad was never one to spend much time on futile endeavors. The town I grew up in was pretty heavily one political party. If you were in the other, you weren't likely going to see your candidate elected. You could vote for anybody in the general election, but you had to pick a party to vote in the primaries. So Dad, being the smart guy he was, registered in the other party so he could at least have some voice and help pick the lesser of two evils. That kind of practicality has been infused in me and has stood me in good stead.

I don't know exactly why I can't apply it to women and dating though. I guess I'll have to work on that.

:-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

*hugs*

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home