Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ein Moment der Klarheit

Sometimes I do my best thinking when my hands are busy with things that don't really require my brain. So, I was mortising hinges today and I had a moment of clarity. Lately I've been making trying to make decisions and kind of talking myself into one path more than another with phrases like "Why not?" and "I've got nothing to lose." I was doing that again when some unused gear in my head decided to join the rotation and I realized that I have nothing to lose because there's nothing to be gained.

Why go after a thing you don't care if you have?

3 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

What is mortising hinges??

You sound wise when ur doing it anyway :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Hinges, in this case the kind that hold a door to a bedroom or bath, are recessed into the wood of the door and door jamb (frame). I was cutting shallow, hinge sized spaces in wood with a chisel - mortising. Like many things (maybe you have some in the medical world) where it's a bit of jargon for something pretty simple. Maybe I'll find a picture one day.

:-)

7:08 PM  
Blogger pitfinder said...

Here you go.

http://www.taunton.com/finehomebuilding/how-to/departments/building-skills/mortising-a-hinge-with-a-chisel.aspx?nterms=65832





sortio - That has so got to be my new word!

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home